The Most Dangerous Intersections in St. Louis, Missouri
In the a report from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Statistical Analysis Center, 766 persons were killed and 47,977 were injured in car crashes at intersections state-wide in one year. Fatal or personal injuries were sustained by 34,028 persons, while 103,370 property damages were recorded the same year.
These are currently the most dangerous intersections in St. Louis, according to the agency:
- Grand Blvd. and I-64
- Delmar Blvd. and Skinker Blvd.
- Arsenal St. and McCausland Ave.
- McKnight Rd. and I-64
- Hampton Ave. and Oakland Ave.
- Old State Rd. and Missouri Route 100
- Ladue Rd. and I-170
- Grand Blvd. and Lindell Blvd.
Car Accidents at St. Louis Intersections
The convergence of two or more roads is notoriously known for being the scene of car crashes and collisions. According to the NHTSA (U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), 36% of car crashes occur at intersections.
These statistics from Fox2 Now lists the following most dangerous intersections in St. Louis (the number of accidents, injured, and killed are in parenthesis):
- Jefferson Ave. and I-44 (Accidents — 74, Injured — 39, Killed — 0)
- Salisbury St. and I-70 (52, 29 1)
- Kings Highway Blvd. and I-64 (84, 21, 0)
- Grand Ave. and I-70 (51, 30, 0)
- Hampton Ave. and I-64 (51, 30, 0)
- Bircher Blvd. and Union Blvd. (34, 35, 0)
- Park Ave. and I-55 (36, 34, 0)
- Hampton Ave. and I-44 (57, 25, 0)
- Adelaide Ave. and I-70 (45, 28, 0)
- Shreve Ave. and I-70 (35, 23, 1)
- Page Blvd. and Union Blvd. (39, 23, 0)
- Union Blvd. and I-70 (29, 23, 1)
- Natural Bridge Ave. and Union Blvd. (35, 22, 0)
- Broadway and I-55 (32, 22, 0)
- Goodfellow Blvd. and I-70 (32, 22, 0)
- Hall Street and Riverview Drive (25, 24, 0)
- Riverview Drive and Scranton Ave. (25, 23, 0)
- Goodfellow Blvd. and West Florissant Ave. (36, 19, 0)
- Grand Blvd. and Natural Bridge Ave. (28, 18, 1)
- Madison Street and I-70 (32, 19, 0)
- Forest Park Parkway and Skinker Blvd. (41, 16, 0)
- 4th Street and Washington Ave. (30, 19, 0)
- Goodfellow Blvd. and Natural Bridge Ave. (35, 17, 0)
- Grand Blvd. and Lindell Blvd. (35, 17, 0)
- Arsenal Street and McCausland Ave. (25, 20, 0)
What to Do When You Figure in a Car Crash
If you sustain injuries or vehicular damages in a car accident, you have a right to seek financial compensation from the offending driver or drivers. Speaking with an experienced St. Louis auto accident attorney can help you understand the best way to proceed in order to get rightful compensation.