The Importance of Being Consistent With Your Statement After a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, it’s important to be consistent with your statement to the insurance company. Being inconsistent can lead to all sorts of problems down the road.
Why Should You Be Consistent with Your Statement?
1. Being Inconsistent Can Lead to Confusion
This is especially true if there are multiple people involved in the accident. If everyone has a different story, it will be difficult to figure out what happened. This can lead to confusion and chaos, which will make it harder for all parties involved.
2. Being Inconsistent Can Cost You Money
If multiple people were involved in the accident, they might have different stories about who was at fault or how much damage was done. If these things aren’t consistent with each other, it will naturally be harder to determine who is at fault for the accident. This can lead to you not getting the compensation that you deserve, which can cost you a lot of money in the long run.
3. Being Inconsistent Can Lead to Legal Problems
Discrepancies between your statement and the statements of other people involved in the accident could lead to legal problems. This can be costly and time-consuming, and it’s best to avoid it by being consistent with your statement.
Tips for Being Consistent with Your Statement
- The first thing you should do is work closely with an experienced St. Louis car accident lawyer. They can ensure that your statement is documented early in the process. Having a written statement will help you remember what happened and keep track of everything.
- Ensure that you keep a copy of all of your statements, including emails and letters. It’s also a good idea to keep track of the dates and times you made your statements. Again, this will help if there are any disputes about when something happened. The benefit of working closely with an experienced attorney is that they will help keep track of these records.
- Make sure you talk to a lawyer before speaking to the insurance company. The insurance company may try to get you to say something that isn’t true. A lawyer will help you protect yourself and make sure that your statements are consistent with the facts. If you are contacted by the insurance company, it is generally best to direct them to your attorney.
St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one have been in an accident and need assistance dealing with the insurance company, we can help. At The Hoffmann Law Firm, we have over 20 years of experience helping car accident victims get the compensation they need to move forward.